We stock New Zealands best Hitch mounted bike racks from leading brands such as Thule and Yakima.
YAkima Doubledown Ace
This tricked out hitch bike carrier comes loaded with SpeedKnob™ for easy installation. It also features a tilting mechanism for rear-of-vehicle access, anti-sway cradles so bikes don't contact each other on the ride and even multiple bottle openers for after-ride refreshment.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
-Tool-free locking SpeedKnob™ secures the rack to your car quickly
-Tilts away for rear-of-vehicle access
- Patented SwitchBlade™ anti-sway cradles eliminates bike-to-bike contact and improves ease of loading
- TriggerFinger™ technology lets you fold arms down with a press of a button
- Optional TUBETOP™ allows you to carry a variety of bike frames (sold separately)
- Optional ArmLock™ locking cable to provide security for your bikes (sold separately)
- Integrated bottle opener
- Fits 30 mm (1¼”) and 50 mm (2”) hitch
- 4/5 bike capacity
WEIGHT: 16.3 kg (36 lbs)
Height: 111.8 cm (44")
Width: 35.6 cm (14")
Distance from the end of the tongue to the end of the arms when folded down is 40.6 cm (16").
Distance from the end of the tongue to the closest part of the rack is 34.3 cm (13.5").
Distance arms down is 30.5 cm (12") centre-centre.
CAPACITY: 4/5 bikes. Total weight, 54.5/56.8 kg.From $429.00
This new hitch rack’s unique arc design makes it easier to load and unload, provides better ground clearance and gives you greater distance between your bikes for easy transport
- The bold new hitch rack with unique arc design for easier bike loading and carrying performance
- Hide-away, heavy-duty integrated cable lock allows you to lock the bikes to the rack and stores inside the hitch rack when not in use
- Increased mast height for improved ground clearance
- Hold Fast Cradles cushion bike and provide maximum bike security
- Anti-Sway Cages prevent bike-to-bike and bike-to-vehicle contact
- New and improved Hitch Switch folds arms down when not in use and tilts carrier away from vehicle for boot, hatch or tailgate access
- Integrated handle for easy carrying and handling
- Snug-Tite receiver lock (STL2, sold separately) virtually eliminates hitch rack movement in receiver and locks the hitch rack to the vehicle
- Secure your bikes to the hitch rack with Thule’s 6 ft. Braided Steel Cable (#538XT, sold seperately)
Fits 2” box section removable hitch towbars only
Technical specifications Load capacity Bikes 5 Fits 1.25" receivers No Fits 2" receivers Yes One Key System compatible Yes Fits most bikes with disc brakes Yes For Tandem Bikes No$599.00
YAKIMA Holdup 2 Bike
The ultimate in quick and easy loading, the HoldUp incorporates a stronger pivoting arm and superior stability to reduce the chance of bike-to-bike contact.
- New side-to-side adjustability helps to reduce bike-to-bike contact
- Quick and easy installation
- The StrongArm™ design allows for quick and easy loading
- No-frame contact, so it's ideal for carbon bikes
- Accommodates most disc brakes, thru axles and full suspension bikes
- Compact design allows the tray to be folded up and out of the way when not in use
- Complete security. Lock bike to carrier and carrier to vehicle (SKS LOCK CORES included)
- Built-in bottle opener
- Compatible with 50 mm (2”) hitch
- Carries up to 2 bikes (or up to 4 bikes with optional HoldUp + 2)
Capacity: 2 bikes, 27.3 kg per bike. Upgrade to 4 bikes, 109 kg total with the Plus2 accessory.
Fits bicycles with 14"-29" wheel diameter and up 122 cm (48") wheelbase. 2.5" tyre width maximum$699.00
Premium platform hitch bike carrier delivers maximum strength, security and user friendliness.
- Easy to install and remove the rack with the tool-free AutoAttach system
- Carrier easily folds when not in use and tilts away from vehicle for rear access due to the HitchSwitch lever
- Lock bikes to the rack and secure the rack to the receiver with the integrated cable lock and lock knob
- Eliminate bike interference by adjusting side to side to create generous spacing between bike mounts
- Secure bikes quickly without frame contact with the frame free ratcheting arm
- Ideal for carbon frames, mountain, downhill, and fat bikes as it fits 20 - 29” wheels and up to 5” tires without adapters
- Carries 2 bikes
- Carries up to 4 bikes with Thule T2 Pro Bike Add-on (sold separately)
Technical specificationsLoad capacity Bikes
2Load weight capacity 54kg Fits 1.25" receivers No Fits 2" receivers Yes One Key System compatible Yes Fits most bikes with disc brakes Yes For Tandem Bikes No$999.00