We stock New Zealands best range of Hitch mounted bike racks from leading Thule and Yakima.
YAkima Doubledown Ace
This tricked out hitch bike carrier comes loaded with SpeedKnob™ for easy installation. It also features a tilting mechanism for rear-of-vehicle access, anti-sway cradles so bikes don't contact each other on the ride and even multiple bottle openers for after-ride refreshment.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
-Tool-free locking SpeedKnob™ secures the rack to your car quickly
-Tilts away for rear-of-vehicle access
- Patented SwitchBlade™ anti-sway cradles eliminates bike-to-bike contact and improves ease of loading
- TriggerFinger™ technology lets you fold arms down with a press of a button
- Optional TUBETOP™ allows you to carry a variety of bike frames (sold separately)
- Optional ArmLock™ locking cable to provide security for your bikes (sold separately)
- Integrated bottle opener
- Fits 30 mm (1¼”) and 50 mm (2”) hitch
- 4/5 bike capacity
WEIGHT: 16.3 kg (36 lbs)
Height: 111.8 cm (44")
Width: 35.6 cm (14")
Distance from the end of the tongue to the end of the arms when folded down is 40.6 cm (16").
Distance from the end of the tongue to the closest part of the rack is 34.3 cm (13.5").
Distance arms down is 30.5 cm (12") centre-centre.
CAPACITY: 4/5 bikes. Total weight, 54.5/56.8 kg.From $399.00
Now you can rack up the bikes and still access your tailgate. The BackSwing hitch adapter turns your hitch product into an easy-to-use swing-away rack that locks up tight while you’re on the road. It works seamlessly with most 50 mm (2") bike racks, like the HoldUp – as well as almost any other rack using a 50 mm (2") receiver – to let you swing your fully loaded rack out of the way so you can easily get to your coolers, gear, and Fido.
- Weight 16.00 kg
- Dimensions L 76.2 cm x W 50.8 cm x H 20.32 cm
- Capacity 113 kg (250 lbs) maximum load capacity (rack plus gear)
- Hitch swing adapter converts most 50 mm (2") hitch products to a swing-away rack
- Provides easy tailgate access – even with a rack fully loaded with bikes
- Easily swings open 90 degrees and locks in place with simple to use release lever
- Safety latch secures the rack closed while you’re on the road
- Secures to any 50 mm (2") hitch receiver using a threaded pin
- Included SKS (Same Key System) lock keeps the rack secure
- 113 kg (250 lbs) maximum load capacity (rack plus gear)
This new hitch rack’s unique arc design makes it easier to load and unload, provides better ground clearance and gives you greater distance between your bikes for easy transport.
Technical specificationsLoad capacity Bikes 4 Fits 1.25" receivers Yes Fits 2" receivers Yes One Key System compatible Yes Fits most bikes with disc brakes Yes For Tandem Bikes No$569.00
This new hitch rack’s unique arc design makes it easier to load and unload, provides better ground clearance and gives you greater distance between your bikes for easy transport
- The bold new hitch rack with unique arc design for easier bike loading and carrying performance
- Hide-away, heavy-duty integrated cable lock allows you to lock the bikes to the rack and stores inside the hitch rack when not in use
- Increased mast height for improved ground clearance
- Hold Fast Cradles cushion bike and provide maximum bike security
- Anti-Sway Cages prevent bike-to-bike and bike-to-vehicle contact
- New and improved Hitch Switch folds arms down when not in use and tilts carrier away from vehicle for boot, hatch or tailgate access
- Integrated handle for easy carrying and handling
- Snug-Tite receiver lock (STL2, sold separately) virtually eliminates hitch rack movement in receiver and locks the hitch rack to the vehicle
- Secure your bikes to the hitch rack with Thule’s 6 ft. Braided Steel Cable (#538XT, sold seperately)
Fits 2” box section removable hitch towbars only
Technical specifications Load capacity Bikes 5 Fits 1.25" receivers No Fits 2" receivers Yes One Key System compatible Yes Fits most bikes with disc brakes Yes For Tandem Bikes No$599.00
YAKIMA Holdup 2 Bike
The ultimate in quick and easy loading, the HoldUp incorporates a stronger pivoting arm and superior stability to reduce the chance of bike-to-bike contact.
- New side-to-side adjustability helps to reduce bike-to-bike contact
- Quick and easy installation
- The StrongArm™ design allows for quick and easy loading
- No-frame contact, so it's ideal for carbon bikes
- Accommodates most disc brakes, thru axles and full suspension bikes
- Compact design allows the tray to be folded up and out of the way when not in use
- Complete security. Lock bike to carrier and carrier to vehicle (SKS LOCK CORES included)
- Built-in bottle opener
- Compatible with 50 mm (2”) hitch
- Carries up to 2 bikes (or up to 4 bikes with optional HoldUp + 2)
Capacity: 2 bikes, 27.3 kg per bike. Upgrade to 4 bikes, 109 kg total with the Plus2 accessory.
Fits bicycles with 14"-29" wheel diameter and up 122 cm (48") wheelbase. 2.5" tyre width maximum$699.00
Versatile hanging hitch bike rack in a swing-away version for convenient access to rear of vehicle (for 4 bikes).
- Super-convenient access to rear of vehicle, thanks to patented SwingAway design. No need to remove bikes
- Easy bike attachment with fully adjustable HoldFast cradles
- Ultimate bike protection and stability with no-sway cages
- Rack arms conveniently stow in lowered position when not in use via the HitchSwitch lever
- Maximum bike security with integrated cable lock. Conveniently stores inside bike rack when not in use
- Easy carrying and handling, thanks to integrated handle
Max number of bikes 4 Load capacity 140 lb Max bike weight 35 lb Dimensions 27 x 42 x 40 in Folded dimensions 27 x 40 x 16 in Weight 42 lb Distance between bikes 5.5 in Carbon frame compatible âÂÂ Tilt function (with bikes) âÂÂ Fits 1.25" receivers âÂÂ Fits 2" receivers âÂÂ One Key System compatible âÂÂ Bike lock included âÂÂ Receiver lock included âÂÂ$699.00
Now the family bikes can ride in style. The Yakima FullSwing™ has all the bells and whistles, from new ZipStrips™ to fully padded arms. It also swings away with one touch, for easy access to your car whenever you need.
Swings away with bikes loaded to provide ultimate access to vehicle.
No garage required with the single bolt assembly. We've made it really easy and even included the wrench.
Tool-free SpeedKnob™ quickly tightens and locks the rack to your car.
New AutoPin™ automatically positions and secures the rack into the hitch receiver.
New zero-hassle ZipStrips™ secure your bike to the rack (we've thrown in a few extras for the glove compartment).
Anti-sway cradles eliminate bike-to-bike contact.
Fully padded arms for the ultimate in bike protection.
Unique 3D mast design with glossy black finish.
Comes with fully integrated security. Locks bike to rack and rack to vehicle with included Same Key System Lock (SKS).
Enjoy a cold one with the Yakima signature bottle opener.
Suits 50mm (2") hitch receivers.
Carries up to 4 bikes.
WEIGHT: 25.4 kg (56 lbs)
LENGTH: 110.5 cm (43.5") x 66 cm (26") x 44.5 cm (17.5")
CAPACITY: 4 bike$899.00
Premium platform hitch bike carrier delivers maximum strength, security and user friendliness.
- Easy to install and remove the rack with the tool-free AutoAttach system
- Carrier easily folds when not in use and tilts away from vehicle for rear access due to the HitchSwitch lever
- Lock bikes to the rack and secure the rack to the receiver with the integrated cable lock and lock knob
- Eliminate bike interference by adjusting side to side to create generous spacing between bike mounts
- Secure bikes quickly without frame contact with the frame free ratcheting arm
- Ideal for carbon frames, mountain, downhill, and fat bikes as it fits 20 - 29” wheels and up to 5” tires without adapters
- Carries 2 bikes
- Carries up to 4 bikes with Thule T2 Pro Bike Add-on (sold separately)
Technical specificationsLoad capacity Bikes
2Load weight capacity 54kg Fits 1.25" receivers No Fits 2" receivers Yes One Key System compatible Yes Fits most bikes with disc brakes Yes For Tandem Bikes No$999.00
Perfect for tour operators, group rides and big families. Constructed of heavy-duty steel, Yakima's first-ever vertical bike rack carries more bikes in less space, so you can safely haul up to six mountain bikes to the trailhead. Yakima designed and tested it in the lab and on the road to meet their demanding Yakima standards. The easy-to-operate tilt mechanism with three adjustable mast angles keep your bikes from bumping into your car, ute or SUV and makes accessing the tailgate a breeze.
- Transports up to 6 bikes using minimal space – no multiple racks or trailers required
- Foot-operated tilt mechanism changes rack position for easy loading and unloading
- Tilts down and out of the way for easy rear-of-vehicle access
- Securely supports bikes by the fork crown
- Fits suspension-fork bikes only
- Fits fat bike suspension forks
- Soft padding protects the fork’s finish
- Rotating wheel cup accommodates bikes with various wheelbases
- 2 mast height positions for improved ground clearance and ease of loading
- 3 mast angles to avoid bike-tire contact with your vehicle
- HitchLock included
- Fits 2" hitch receivers only
- Built-in bottle opener. Cheers!
- 33.00 kg
- L 56 cm x W 177 cm x H 152 cm
- Up to 6 bikes (17 kg per bike)
Recommended for hitches with a tongue rating of 113 kg or greater.