We stock New Zealands best range of Hitch mounted bike racks from leading Thule and Yakima.
YAkima Doubledown Ace
This tricked out hitch bike carrier comes loaded with SpeedKnob™ for easy installation. It also features a tilting mechanism for rear-of-vehicle access, anti-sway cradles so bikes don't contact each other on the ride and even multiple bottle openers for after-ride refreshment.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
-Tool-free locking SpeedKnob™ secures the rack to your car quickly
-Tilts away for rear-of-vehicle access
- Patented SwitchBlade™ anti-sway cradles eliminates bike-to-bike contact and improves ease of loading
- TriggerFinger™ technology lets you fold arms down with a press of a button
- Optional TUBETOP™ allows you to carry a variety of bike frames (sold separately)
- Optional ArmLock™ locking cable to provide security for your bikes (sold separately)
- Integrated bottle opener
- Fits 30 mm (1¼”) and 50 mm (2”) hitch
- 4/5 bike capacity
WEIGHT: 16.3 kg (36 lbs)
Height: 111.8 cm (44")
Width: 35.6 cm (14")
Distance from the end of the tongue to the end of the arms when folded down is 40.6 cm (16").
Distance from the end of the tongue to the closest part of the rack is 34.3 cm (13.5").
Distance arms down is 30.5 cm (12") centre-centre.
CAPACITY: 4/5 bikes. Total weight, 54.5/56.8 kg.$399.00
This new hitch rack’s unique arc design makes it easier to load and unload, provides better ground clearance and gives you greater distance between your bikes for easy transport.
Technical specificationsLoad capacity Bikes 4 Fits 1.25" receivers Yes Fits 2" receivers Yes One Key System compatible Yes Fits most bikes with disc brakes Yes For Tandem Bikes No$569.00
Versatile hanging hitch bike rack in a swing-away version for convenient access to rear of vehicle (for 4 bikes).
- Super-convenient access to rear of vehicle, thanks to patented SwingAway design. No need to remove bikes
- Easy bike attachment with fully adjustable HoldFast cradles
- Ultimate bike protection and stability with no-sway cages
- Rack arms conveniently stow in lowered position when not in use via the HitchSwitch lever
- Maximum bike security with integrated cable lock. Conveniently stores inside bike rack when not in use
- Easy carrying and handling, thanks to integrated handle
Max number of bikes 4 Load capacity 140 lb Max bike weight 35 lb Dimensions 27 x 42 x 40 in Folded dimensions 27 x 40 x 16 in Weight 42 lb Distance between bikes 5.5 in Carbon frame compatible âÂÂ Tilt function (with bikes) âÂÂ Fits 1.25" receivers âÂÂ Fits 2" receivers âÂÂ One Key System compatible âÂÂ Bike lock included âÂÂ Receiver lock included âÂÂ$699.00
Now the family bikes can ride in style. The Yakima FullSwing™ has all the bells and whistles, from new ZipStrips™ to fully padded arms. It also swings away with one touch, for easy access to your car whenever you need.
Swings away with bikes loaded to provide ultimate access to vehicle.
No garage required with the single bolt assembly. We've made it really easy and even included the wrench.
Tool-free SpeedKnob™ quickly tightens and locks the rack to your car.
New AutoPin™ automatically positions and secures the rack into the hitch receiver.
New zero-hassle ZipStrips™ secure your bike to the rack (we've thrown in a few extras for the glove compartment).
Anti-sway cradles eliminate bike-to-bike contact.
Fully padded arms for the ultimate in bike protection.
Unique 3D mast design with glossy black finish.
Comes with fully integrated security. Locks bike to rack and rack to vehicle with included Same Key System Lock (SKS).
Enjoy a cold one with the Yakima signature bottle opener.
Suits 50mm (2") hitch receivers.
Carries up to 4 bikes.
WEIGHT: 25.4 kg (56 lbs)
LENGTH: 110.5 cm (43.5") x 66 cm (26") x 44.5 cm (17.5")
CAPACITY: 4 bike$899.00
Perfect for tour operators, group rides and big families. Constructed of heavy-duty steel, Yakima's first-ever vertical bike rack carries more bikes in less space, so you can safely haul up to six mountain bikes to the trailhead. Yakima designed and tested it in the lab and on the road to meet their demanding Yakima standards. The easy-to-operate tilt mechanism with three adjustable mast angles keep your bikes from bumping into your car, ute or SUV and makes accessing the tailgate a breeze.
- Transports up to 6 bikes using minimal space – no multiple racks or trailers required
- Foot-operated tilt mechanism changes rack position for easy loading and unloading
- Tilts down and out of the way for easy rear-of-vehicle access
- Securely supports bikes by the fork crown
- Fits suspension-fork bikes only
- Fits fat bike suspension forks
- Soft padding protects the fork’s finish
- Rotating wheel cup accommodates bikes with various wheelbases
- 2 mast height positions for improved ground clearance and ease of loading
- 3 mast angles to avoid bike-tire contact with your vehicle
- HitchLock included
- Fits 2" hitch receivers only
- Built-in bottle opener. Cheers!
- 33.00 kg
- L 56 cm x W 177 cm x H 152 cm
- Up to 6 bikes (17 kg per bike)
Recommended for hitches with a tongue rating of 113 kg or greater.